Collection of Information
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information. We also collect information from your device that you authorize us to collect, such as your contacts for purposes of providing you functionality that allows you to share messages with your contacts. Please consult your device settings for choices you may have to limit our access to this information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include placing on your computer or mobile device cookies that uniquely identify your browser or device. Cookies are small data files used to store information on your device, including to help us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels" or "clear GIFs"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and program effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, we may receive data from publicly available sources and from private organizations in an effort to maximize our impact in the area of Reparations, African-American employment, and other causes we aim to assist with. We may also receive information from a social media site if you connect to our Site through that site.
Use of Information
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information you request or various features or functionalities, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, ask you to respond to a survey, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about the cause, various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities (please see "Your Choices" below for information about how to opt out of certain communications at any time);
- Help connect you with other users, sponsors, or partners; and solicit volunteers, donations and support for AASRT and its programs, issues and organizations that we support;
- Contact you if we need additional information, such as if you leave fields blank on a form or if other information is necessary to finalize your enrollment in any Site programs;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information within and to AASRT, its administrators, employees, and other relevant persons required for the purpose of running, maintaining, and executing the services offered by AASRT and the Site.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With current and future affiliates, a term that includes companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, AASRT;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of AASRT, its employees, volunteers, administrators or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of AASRT; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information or if you submit content or information on a public area of the site or information that is intended to be shared on the Site.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Site may make third-party information, advertisements, promotions and other content available on or through the Site ("Third Party Content"). Our Site also may link or otherwise provide access to third-party websites and other products and services outside our control (collectively, "Third Party Products and Services"). These Third Party Products and Services may include, for example, donation and payment functionality, and other features, functionalities, and services powered by third parties. These Third Party Products and Services and Third Party Content are not under the control of AASRT, and AASRT is not responsible for the security or privacy of any personal information you share with them. You should exercise caution and review the applicable privacy policies of any Third Party Product and Service, including those you use in connection with the Site, before providing them with your personal information.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
- Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, although we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.